Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Module 3

Module 3 is one that I am not proud of. First off, I misread the course calendar and didn’t get my discussion post on time. Then I tried to do my Web Lab on searching the NCCC library website and my code wouldn’t work. I tried to contact my teacher via email but I didn’t get a response (you must have not seen it). Then I contacted the NCCC library and they told me that I had to go to campus to first set up the number. I didn’t end up making it because of the holiday weekend so now I get two Zeros for the module. I was going to throw my hands in the air and take a huge zero for the mod by not during my journal but that wouldn’t be very smart or responsible.
Even though I didn’t complete the majority of the assignments I did learn a few things. I learned to check date more careful and write them down. I also learned that I shouldn’t wait till a few days before the assignment is due to ask questions.  To be honest I knew all of this and somehow just didn’t follow through with how I normally tackle assignments.
I did read the assigned chapter (3) in the book and the lectures. I learned the importance of citing web sources in your papers. If you don’t cite your sources it could be considered plagiarism. Plagiarism is very serious. I believe the rules at my school is get caught once it’s a zero, get caught twice and you are kicked out of the class. I really don’t need to worry about this because I don’t do it. All a teacher has to do is search the web (which was also covered in Ch. 3). It is also important to know how to search the web so you can receive but information on the subject you are researching.
FOUR NEW WORDS
Deep Web- Didn’t know another name for the deep web was invisible web
Meta Search Engine- This is a major search engine that links other search engines together giving you a hits on what you are looking for.
Stop Words- These are words that are ignored in search engines. Examples: AND, WHAT, HOW, ABOUT, IS THE
Stop Words and Search Engines- Stop Words are not used in search engines because the words fill up disk space and the results are much slower without omitting them

No comments:

Post a Comment