Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mod 2

This module was primarily based on computer security and the difference between web browsers. I learned a lot throughout this mod. I currently use Internet Explorer 8 for my browser and for our web lab #2 I was able to research the different features my browser have. I learned that I.E. 8 has a compatibility viewer. This viewer allows you to see pages that aren’t viewable in I.E. 8. It also allows you to add websites that you frequent on a list so when you return they will be able to be viewed. Internet Explorer also has a browsing tool that prevents I.E. from saving history, cookies and temporary Internet files. We also had a chance to try out a different web browser for web lab #2. I chose Goggle Chrome. I learned the different features that Google Chrome offered. My favorite was the “Pin-Tab” function. It allows you to reduce the size of the tabs for different pages that are open so more can be listed at once by showing a same image instead of the title for web pages. I found that you were able to look at much more information at one time.
            In web lab #3 we were assigned to find out information on different forms of online securities. I was able to find different tips for online shopping, protecting my privacy, and computer security. Computer security is one of the most important things you should know about if you are an Internet user. It is important to know what viruses, spy-ware, and cookies are. They cannot only affect your computer but your life. If someone steals your identity it can take a lot of time to repair.
            I felt that I put a good amount of time in this module and learned information I didn’t know. My favorite part was the Did You Know video. It was quite interesting; I even showed the video to a couple friends. We all need to know our lives are going to have computer systems in it, so we need to know how to use them.

Four New Words

SPY-WARE
TROJANS
PIN-TAB
TEMPOARY COOKIE/ PERAMANT COOKIE

No comments:

Post a Comment