Monday, October 25, 2010

Mod 4

I this module we learned alot about email and social netowrking. This is information which I was aware of already. I spend much more time on this module then the last one. I realized after my late assignments I needed to be more devoted to my classes.
I like that I was familiar which the majority of information in this mod. I am not a blogger so I did learn about that. I didn't realize that there are so many. I couldn't believe that there were several blogs about one certain subject e.g.cooking, business, fine art. It was interesting to go through the blogs and read others thoughts and feelings on issues. I highly enjoyed the assignment on microblogging. It reminded me why I don't use such sites as twitter. The test was a little harded than I would have thought because of all the terms. Even though I knew about e-mail and social networks, I didn't know certain terms.

FOUR NEW TERMS

Stop Words- These are words such as is, what, where, and how that search engines ignore.
Drilling Down- This is when you click on and visit different links thatare subtopics of what your searching.
Boolean Operators- Using small words such as and, not, and or can change your search results. I found this one interesting because I never thought to put "not" in a search inquiry.
Cyber Bullying- A new trend where middle school and high school students are being bullyed over the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflecting here, Dallas. Next time add some links to the various sites you learned about. That's what makes a blog interesting for your readers.:)

    ReplyDelete